Congress is working on its fourth package of federal relief in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and there is still much more work to be done to support all those who work in the arts and the communities they serve. Please, keep your elected officials informed about concerns and losses that are not being addressed and tell them about the arts capacity to support the U.S. economy (including billions of dollars in peripheral spending), uplift the human spirit, and provide lifelong learning.
PAA has provided an editable draft of a note for your personalization. Please refer to the talking points in this newsletter when crafting your message.
PAA is working in support of the following advocacy:
- National Council of Nonprofits Sector-Wide COVID-19 Request
- Charitable Giving Coalition Statement
- Independent Sector Request to Congress for Nonprofit Support
- Bi-Partisan House Letter Supports Nonprofit Relief
- Bi-Partisan Senate Letter Supports Nonprofit Relief
- House Arts and Humanities Leaders Support COVID Relief
- 23 U.S. Mayors Call for Arts Support in COVID-19 Relief